Oh my goodness!!! If you haven't joined the Persicope craze- I highly suggest you do so! I've been obsessed this week with checking out and watching everyone's Periscope broadcast and connecting with such amazing teachers!!! Like obsessed watching all the time and giving as many hearts as I can because anyone who is brave enough to broadcast on Periscope is a rockstar in my eyes. I'll be honest ya'll- I have yet to do my first broadcast for so many reasons: it means I have to put on make-up and do my hair, what if I sound like a hot mess, I hate my voice, what if I only have like 1 person watch..sooooo many what-ifs!!! I promise- I'll just get over it and broadcast this weekend. As nervous as I am- I really want to do it. So go find me ya'll and get ready for one possibly hot mess of a broadcast.
![]() |
Speaking of amazing teachers and connecting. I have been so excited to meet so many amazing teachers through Periscope and blogging recently. I came across the incredible Kinder Tribe group on Facebook. I have to tell you that the excitement that Deirdre at Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars and Molly at Miss K's Little Rays have on this Facebook group just has me pumped up to learn more and collaborate with such an amazing group of Kinder teachers. If you teach Kinder and are looking for wonderful support and connections- this is the place to go!!!
Yesterday was the Hubs' birthday. He's not excited about getting older and doesn't love birthdays like I do, but the kids were excited. This little man rocked his party hat all day even during lunch and dinner time. From the moment he got out of bed he was asking for his "Happy birthday to you" hat. Cammy was over the moon about her Daddy's birthday and threw him a birthday party with little brother and sister and all of her stuffed animal friends. It was definitely a fun and cute kind of day. Let's be honest people- getting older sucks, but having these little people so excited that you, this big boring, and tall person has a birthday- makes it 100 times better.
Did I mention that I personally love birthdays? Because I do.....like countdown to my birthday and celebrate for a week kind of love. So it should come as no surprise that this girl right here LOVES cake!!! When I met the Hubs I got him a cookie cake from the Great American Cookie Company because you know...who doesn't love cookie cake? Well....I'll be honest and tell you that I did it with a hidden agenda- I figured if I got him one...he would get me one come my birthday time. One word ya'll- WRONG!!! So I now get my cookie cake fix on his birthday- it's to make up for him not catching on and spreading the cookie cake love.
I'm a total social addict with all of my social media accounts. I finally took the dive and started an Instagram account for my blog and soon to be TPT store. You don't realize how many people you follow until you have to transfer over the teacher accounts you follow. HOLY MOLY!!! You can come and follow me at my NEW Instagram teacher account @yeehawinkindergarten !!!! I'd love to follow back!
This week flew by- here's to hoping that next week slows down a bit! I'm not ready for August my friends!! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my crazy blog. Link up and join in on the fun!!!



Marisa, love the pictures of the birthday celebrations. Looks like a fun time. Haha, great idea to get your cookie fix by buying one for the Hubby's birthday. I will look for you on Instagram. It is my favorite social media so far! Have a good weekend. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! The cookie cake is such a selfish thing, but it's so good & if the man can't get the hint....might as well do it myself! :)
DeleteYour pictures of birthday celebrations are so great, what wonderful memories you're making!! I love how you make sure to get your giant cookie fix!!! I always hope someone will get me an ice cream cake for my birthday!! Welcome to Instagram, there are some awesome connections to be made!! I'll make sure to look for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing and have a wonderful week!!
Erin
Kindergarten Dragons
Haha we all have our cakes we want for our birthdays- I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! Ice cream cake does sound amazing!!! Great- now I'm hungry again HAHA!
DeleteHave a great weekend!!
Your kiddos are SO cute!! I love that he wore his birthday hat all day...so sweet!! I will definitely hop on Instagram and find you! :) ....Oh and now...I really want a cookie cake! Haha! -Kristen
ReplyDeleteMoore to Learn
Thanks Kristen! Sorry if I made you hungry for cookie cake- it's definitely worth waiting a year for.
DeleteCookie cake looks fab! Sounds like you've had a great week!
ReplyDeleteTeaching Autism
Aww thanks! That cake was amazingly delicious. :) I probably gained 5 lbs right away from eating it. :)
Delete