Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the teacher: Ms. Tinez

Hi my wonderful friends, Today was the first day of school and although I am beyond exhausted, I just had to participate in Teacher Week 2011 at Blog Hoppin'!


A little about lil 'ol me....
I'm a whopping 30 years old.
I am married to my college sweetheart.
I'm a cheerleader by heart no matter how old I am or how many pound heavier than I was when I actually cheered- it's natural for me to cheer people on. :) 
I have an amazing soon to be 3 year old daughter Cammy who is all "daddy"
I have a furry little friend that i adore named Bandit. He is a siberian husky. 
I'm the daughter of a teacher and electrical supervisor, sister to an incredible girl living her dream in Cali working for MOcean film company.
I'm truly a sports fanatic and way too into my sports. 
Loyal to a fault and doing what I dreamed about all my life....(don't laugh it might sound cheesy but it's true-teaching)
I'm thinking about starting graduate school for my master degree in Educational leadership & administration in the Spring b/c I'd love to become an AP and work with students with behavior difficulties. 

how long have I been teaching?I have been teaching for 4....wait maybe 5 years. I don't know I lost track. (It's the turning 30 thing)
I started my career in education as a special education assistant and was lucky enough to get a job at the school I was an assistant at. :) I taught kinder/1st resource & special education and then started teaching kinder/1st co-teach after that. 
4th grade wasn't my first choice- I was switched to it from kinder and nearly went into shock.
I'm so happy to be in 4th grade now- a complete turn around from my original feelings, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's in my heart & I love it! 
This year is my first year in general education and having my dream of having my own class. I don't miss all of the sped paperwork and ARDs. I'm in love right now....ask me later what I think about this change. 

something you might not know...I used to own my own custom invitation design business. I was pretty good at it too.
I decided that I'd rather deal with kids and the craziness that teaching brings than crazy brides...oh the crazy brides....how i miss them (enter my "seriously" face here)

what am I looking forward to...
I am really looking forward to this year because
ONE....I finally have my own class. I have always been in gen. ed classes, but even though I worked with all the kids I was bouncing all over the place from class to class- so it never felt like my own. 
TWO...I have so many great ideas I can't wait to share and so many things I want to teach my amazing class. 

i need to improve...
my diet
my stress
my spending
My game face...man i'm bad at it if you say something dumb
my "seriously" look
my ability to tell it like it is
my sarcasm

A LOT

I can't live without...
My diet dr. pepper....you can bet that I have the sign that says "This classroom runs on laughter, love, and lots of diet dr. pepper" Yup the kids already took note that the way to my heart is diet dr. pepper. It's a sad, sad situation. I'm addicted- note to friends I do not function or answer questions before I have my diet dr. pepper (shameful I know- I'll hang my head now)

My smelly markers...let's be honest that was the first thing on my list of teacher supplies when I first started teaching. Forget the pencils & organization supplies- I need my smelly markers ya'll!

That's all I've got for you friends...I've gotta get back to making my charts and list and looking up lessons for historical fiction. 

Lots of teacher hugs!!! -m




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment