Saturday, August 6, 2011

Advice for New Teachers Linky Party

Fun in Fourth Grade is having a Linky Party on advice for new teachers. Oh how I wished I would have known about all of these blogs when I first started teaching....heck, 4 years in and I still need them now. :) One would think that having a momma who has taught since before I was born...I would have known as much as possible. Times have changed and continue to change so the best advice I could give for a new teacher is the following:

-Never be embarrassed to ask for help.

-Beg, Borrow, & ask to steal whatever you can from great teachers that you meet. (don't steal and take the credit for yourself, but steal an idea and make it your own)

-Never stop learning from past years. Your first year isn't going to be perfect. They never are, but keep your head up and know that you will learn from this and do things differently or better the next year. As long as those kids know you love them & you're doing the best you can for them that's all that matters (Unfortunately, some districts also look at your scores, but it's the kids that matter)

-Be consistent.

- Be a teacher before their friend. The love and admiration for you will come with the respect they have for you.

We are always here to help. We've ALL been there and will do whatever we can to help.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up!! I am now following your blog! I love finding new 4th grade blogs! I look forward to sharing ideas with you as we begin the new school year. Thank you for your advice to new teachers!

    ReplyDelete