Happy Friday y'all!! One more Friday means Summer is closer to an end. :( So to make me smile I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday. {If you read my other blog I apologize if it's similar to our Five on Friday :) }
Alot has happened this week that would explain why...well...I am just getting back to blogging right now. :)
{one}
WHOMP! WHOMP!! Let's shout it together....BOO to getting stopped!!! Let's be honest while I know that it is their job to protect us and stop those of us who are speeding [Looks around b/c I sure wasn't] It always stinks to get stopped especially when you have a crying 5 week old and a annoyed 4 year old who apparently forgot that they used to cry as well. Thankfully for me Officer Rodriguez (who wasn't bad looking might I add) was super sweet and gave me a warning. I was going 5 miles over the speed limit and I think the poor guy felt bad for me with Gray in the back crying. That guy gets a high five for being super nice and proving to this girl that our PD does have nice guys.
{two}

The countdown is on y'all....for dare I say it...the end of Summer. :( So we have been spending our last few weeks together trying to have as much fun as possible. We've been to the park almost everyday and as you can see it wore some people out. Yay for Momma! It doesn't hurt that we have an Orange Leaf down the road because Ladybug loves her fro-yo. Let's be honest...so does this girl. It's a known fact that Orange Leaf is responsible for this girl rediscovering her love for Fruity Pebbles {which caused me to go buy some at HEB}
{three}
Baby Gray has officially turned 6 weeks. I'm in love with this little boy and certain that he will always love his Momma because well....let's be honest a Mom is every little boy's first love. I'll be his until he's 40! :) This amazing little boy does so many amazing things that I can't help but brag about him.
- 9 lbs, 7 oz (He started at 7 lbs, 3 oz)
-rolls over during Tummy Time
-say "Good morning Handsome!" and he smiles his heart away
-such a charmer (all the ladies love him)
-so far we have light brown eyes (we will see if it stays)
{four}
Here's hoping! Wish us luck y'all....we're gonna need it. If you don't hear back from me...it means I'm hiding in shame because our crazy came out in public....lol I promise we are not that crazy. :) ....maybe
HOOK 'EM!!! That's right y'all there are 30...now 29 days until kickoff for UT football and this girl couldn't be more excited. I literally do not know what I do without football after basketball ends. I know that I gag each time that I just have to hear about baseball on Sportscenter. {sorry to my baseball coach loving families and wives} I can't wait for my College Gameday with Herbie and the boys or to rock my burnt orange.
{five}
![]() |
| the top of the dress |
![]() |
| how it looks altogether |
Coach comes home from Coaching School in DFW and tells me "Bubs, you have to find something to wear to the Coaches' dinner on Saturday. It's a family thing where all the families will meet." WHAT!?!? Already?
When we started this journey I thought this (and this is me being honest so please don't judge) I want to make a good first impression. I don't want to look like a hot mess when I meet these people even if I am however many weeks post partum. I know...I know- it sounds so superficial, but I'm being honest.
I thought this girl at least had until the week before the first scrimmage to meet the families. Now usually I'm not worried, but this girl is 6 weeks post baby and not anywhere near where she was before she got the big ol' preggo.
So this dress {they said come casual} up here is what I was thinking of wearing minus the jacket and boots because after all IT'S TEXAS Y'ALL AND IT'S HOT! and I'd be a damn fool to wear a jacket in this heat. Not sure how if it's okay to wear. Aside from being worried about what to wear I'm worried about our little quirky family....lol Ladybug cracks jokes about "tooting" {thanks for that hubs} and wants to be everyones friend which doesn't always go well with the older kids. The hubs is quiet and not as social as his teacher wife and of course this girl is somewhat too honest and sarcastic which doesn't always go over that well. I'm also pretty damn funny with my sarcasm, but that's just my opinion. :)
Happy Weekend!! Holla!







No comments:
Post a Comment