And in that time it's finally hit me as I stepped into school for the first time yesterday- that my summer is basically over. It's time to get my hands dirty and dust off all of my stuff to get ready for the new sweet little faces that will be in my class this year.
So to help with my acceptance of this sadness- I just had to link up with Diana from My Day in K and Jayme from Teach, Talk, Inspire for this last Tell All Tuesday: A wish, A Goal, A Dream. I can't believe it's the last one- I've loved getting to read all about these amazing teachers and make new connections.
I love this last Tell All because it helped me to focus on what I want to achieve this year.
Goal: This year my goal is to focus on what matters. Often times we get caught up in the work drama and feeling of a need to keep up with others. My goal this year is to focus on my classroom and doing what is right for my students. Making sure to focus on my family and my own kids. Time is going by way too fast and it won't be long before I look back and ask "where did time go?"
Wish: I always wish this, but it's worth wishing it every year. I wish that all of my kinder babes will come out of this year with a love for learning and a love for themselves. It's a big task, but it's so worth it at the end of the year.
Dream: Let's be honest....I really wanted to say "Win the lotto!" , but keeping it simple and real- I would love to be able to find the perfect balance between my family and school. I'm totally guilty of staying at school too late or bringing way too much work home. I have to admit that there have been times that the hubs calls me out because I zone out and focus on school stuff when I should be focusing on family time. I NEED to balance this. What's left at school will be there in the morning and it's not going to kill me if it doesn't get done......right?!?! It might keep me up all night, but "Did you die?" (Lol sorry movie quote)
What's your Goal, Wish and Dream for this year? Link up with the amazing ladies for Tell All Tuesday!!



I'm right there with you on your dreams—who wouldn't want to win the lotto? But work/life balance is great realistic dream. Here's to finding that balance and focusing on the important things this year!
ReplyDeleteRachael
Crossing my fingers on finding that balance!! And possibly winning the lotto. I won a giveaway yesterday from The Inspired Apple- almost convinced myself to get a ticket. :) Oh Dreams!
DeleteWow! I totally feel you on your dream and wish! It is hard to balance it all, but hopefully we can all start sharing when we're overwhelmed, and encourage each other as it happens! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteErin
Very Perry Classroom
Hey Erin! That's such a great idea! I think sharing and encouraging each other through the craziness of the beginning of the year would be so amazing. :)
DeleteHa!! Your movie reference totally made me laugh when I read it!! :-) I couldn't agree more with your choices, time is flying by way too fast and we need to make the most of every moment! Your dream is very similar to my own, we kindergarten teachers are building the foundations of learning for our little people!! This was such a great read, thank you for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful week!!
Erin
Kindergarten Dragons
I love your goal. Sometimes in the interest of being connected we miss the joy right in front of our noses.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Tracy so true! So I'm hoping to work on that. We will see. Thanks for stopping by!
Delete